History of Ascension Lutheran School
In 1952, the members of Ascension Lutheran Church established a Kindergarten program which operated in Ascension Chapel in Landover Hills, and later in what is now our Fellowship Hall. In the early 1960's, the decision was made to develop a full elementary program. By 1964, the first seven classrooms, which currently serve our students were dedicated, and in the spring of 1967, Ascension's first sixth grade class was graduated. In 1993, a Middle School was added to our program. In 2001, four new classrooms, a music room, and a renovated Kindergarten room were dedicated to the glory of God. Many Ascension graduates have gone on to distinguish themselves in the areas of academic performance, the arts, and athletics at both the secondary and college levels. God has blessed our school immensely, and He continues to bless us, as His word is taught and lived out in our school on a daily basis. With firm confidence, Ascension Lutheran School eagerly looks forward to the future.